One of my absolute favorite foods is pancakes. Oh my I could eat them every single day. I like to play around with pancake recipes creating and re-creating different variations that won’t bother my digestive system or cause a flare up in my joints. Here is a different kind of take on the traditional pancake. The best part is its not messy at all, there is really no clean up…
- 3 large eggs
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 cup plain almond milk
- 1/2 cup Cup 4 Cup (gluten free flour) * you can use regular flour if you must 🙂
- 2 Tbsp sugar or coconut sugar
- 1/2 tsp real vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 Tbsp butter for pan
- *Optional: any type of berries or fresh fruit that you desire. I added a little powdered sugar on top too.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Using a blender add in eggs, flour, baking soda, sugar, vanilla,milk, and salt until blended smooth.
- Place 2 tablespoons on unsalted butter into oven proof skillet and place into heated oven until melted.
- Carefully remove skillet from oven, pour in batter and place on middle rack for about 15-20 minutes (depending on your oven). Pancake is done with it is golden brown and knife comes out clean.
- Cool for 5 minutes and top with fresh fruit and optional powdered sugar.
- Serve and enjoy.