One of my favorite well balanced meals to have for breakfast is my Protein Pancakes. These are not only delicious they are quick and easy. You can mix it up any way you like with the different fruits or even add some raw walnuts or pecans on top. Sometimes the simplest ingredients can create the best meals.
- 1 whole egg
- 2 egg whites
- 1/4 cup of Milk or Almond Milk
- 1/4 cup Oats (I used Gluten Free Oats from Sprouts)
- 1/2 tsp of cinnamon
- 5 Organic Strawberries
- Coconut Oil
- Melt a 1 teaspoon of coconut oil in a pan.
- In the meantime mix eggs, oats, and milk in a bowl.
- Once oil is melted add mixture to the pan. Watch closely, once the corners start to brown add 1/2 of the cinnamon to the top.
- Flip like a pancake, add the remainder of the cinnamon.
- Remove from pan when pancake is golden in color and egg is cooked through.
- Top with fresh berries and/or nuts a little butter to taste and enjoy,
I would love to hear your feedback when you try these…. Your kids won’t know the difference from a regular white floured pancake..