When it comes to proper nutrition, you want to think about timing and balance. You always want to include protein in every meal and snack. This little power bar is perfect for a protein snack mid morning or mid afternoon to curb your appetite and supply the added nutrients you need. Simply add an apple or some fruit to give add some extra fiber to this mini meal.
- 1 16 oz natural peanut butter
- 1 cup honey
- 2 scoops of chocolate whey protein powder
- 3 cups of oats
- 1 TSBP chia seeds (optional)
- Non stick spray
- Parchment paper (optional)
- Soften peanut butter in a bowl in the microwave for 90 seconds
- Stir in remaining ingredients
- In a 9 x 13” pan, put down parchment paper, spray with non stick spray and spread mixture evenly.
- Cut into 1 ½” square and enjoy
Approx: One 1 ½ square is 110 calories / 5 grams of fat / 12.5 grams of carbs / 5.5 grams of protein