• 2 c spaghetti squash
• 2 c low sugar spaghetti sauce
• 1 lb of lean ground beef or ground turkey
• ½ c part skim ricotta cheese
• 1 c part skim shredded mozzarella
• Fresh chopped parsley is optional
1. Preheat oven to 350
2. Poke holes in spaghetti squash and place in microwave for 2-5 minutes to soften.
3. Cut squash in half and place cut side down on a foil lined baking sheet
4. Place in oven and cook for 30-40 minutes
5. Be careful when handling because it will be hot, I use an oven mitt when handling.
6. Using a fork scoop out the seeds and discard, then scrape out all the squash and place in a separate bowl.
7. Set oven to 375
8. Spread some of the sauce over the bottom of an 8 x 8 deep baking dish(leaving some sauce for a second layer)
9. Then evenly spread the squash on top
10. Followed by a layer of the ricotta cheese
11. Then the remaining sauce and top with mozzarella cheese
12. You can sprinkle fresh parsley as the final touch
13. Cover the lasagna with foil and bake for 20 minutes.
14. Uncover and bake another 5 minutes or until cheese is melted.
15. Serve with your favorite leafy green salad and enjoy without all the guilt.