If you are struggling with breakfast ideas then check out this beautiful breakfast wrap. Nobody ever said breakfast had to be boring.
• 1 large low carb wrap (i.e. La Tortilla Factory)
• 1 slice turkey bacon
• 3 egg whites
• 1 large egg, lightly beaten
• 1 cup fresh spinach leaves
• 1/2 red bell pepper, finely diced
• 1/4 tomato, finely diced
• 2 tbsp onion, minced
• 1/4 cup low-fat mozzarella cheese
• Salt and pepper, to taste
• Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
• Scramble the egg whites and egg with a fork in a mixing bowl, add salt and pepper, to taste. Set aside.
• Coat a large skillet with non-stick cooking spray and place over medium-high heat
• Cut up the turkey bacon into small pieces and add to the pan. Cook until the bacon is nice and crispy.
• Add the diced pepper, tomato, onion, and salt and pepper, to taste. Cook until veggies are just tender.
• Pour the scrambled egg mixture into the pan and mix well. Cook until the eggs are to your desired consistency. Add the spinach leaves to the pan and cook for about one minute, or until the leaves just start to wilt.
• Turn off the heat and put the skillet on a cool burner. Sprinkle the cheese on top of the egg mixture. The pan will still be hot so the cheese will melt.
• Put the wrap in the oven for approximately 2-3 minutes, or until the wrap turns light golden brown (optional)
• Remove wrap from the oven and put on a plate. Transfer the egg mixture on top of the wrap and wrap it up! Enjoy!
Full recipe found at https://nicolewilkins.com/fit-fixins-guiltless-breakfast-wrap/
(Per wrap; recipe makes 1)
375 calories, 37g protein, 23g carbohydrates (15g fiber), 15g fat